The Commission has amended the State Aid Temporary Framework Ukraine. This framework, designed to provide flexibility to State aid rules in the context of Russia’s war against Ukraine, was adopted on 23 March 2022.
The main amendments concern:
- An increase in the ceilings for limited amounts of aid up to a maximum of EUR 250.000 and EUR 300.000 for companies active in the agriculture, and fisheries and aquaculture sectors, respectively, and up to EUR 2 million for companies active in all other sectors.
- The introduction of additional flexibility on liquidity support for companies in the energy sector in the context of their trading activities.
- An increase in the flexibility and support possibilities for companies affected by rising energy costs, subject to certain safeguards.
- The introduction of new measures to support the reduction of electricity demand.
- The clarification of the criteria for the assessment of recapitalisation support measures.
Furthermore, the duration of the framework has been prolonged until 31 December 2023.
For further information : Commission’s press release